Pages

Friday, December 2, 2016

December Mentor Sentences and a Grinch Freebie!

December is officially here! I have always had a love hate relationship with this time of year. I love all of the holiday festivities but, I was often exhausted by having to make sure my classroom management was top notch. This was in order to keep my kiddos focused on academic tasks without squelching the holiday cheer. Enter my December mentor sentences! By doing these in my classroom my students were able to stay focused on the routine of mentor sentences and participate in some holiday stories and activities. With these particular units I focus on the skill of beginning middle and end and enter into some basic primary writing. In Florida, by the end of the year in Kindergarten, our students needed to write four sentences using the key words: first, next, last, and I felt. I found that by focusing so heavily on the sequence of events in a story it helped my students work up to this writing task. As always each of the mentor sentence units are sold individually from our TPT store or they can be purchased in a bundle unit.
Click here for the Bear Stays Up for Christmas Mentor Sentence Unit.
Click Here for the Gingerbread Baby Mentor Sentence Unit.
Click Here for the Hershel and the Hanukkah Goblins Mentor Sentence Unit
Click Here for The Polar Express Mentor Sentence Unit. The holidays just wouldn't be the same without one particular green Grinch! So Click here for your Grinch mentor sentence freebie. If you like this freebie then check out my Grinch mini writing unit and craft by clicking here!
Below are a few pictures of the craft in this unit, my anchor charts and some student writing samples.



No comments:

Post a Comment